FIND YOUR BALANCE.
Come join local yoga instructor and ACA-certified SUP instructor Deanna Black for this unique opportunity to practice SUP Yoga Calm.
No prior SUP or yoga experience required.
SUP may stand for “stand up paddling” but this class is better described as “simply unwind and paddle.” 🙂
In fact, there will be little paddling involved as we find a spot close by our rental shop on the Rocky River. Think of it as 41° North's Floating Yoga studio with cliffs on one side, trees on the other and the sky above as your ceiling.
In his groundbreaking work, Blue Mind, marine biologist, Wallace J. Nichols describes how are body and brain respond to being on, in, or near water. The short version: connecting with water reduces stress and improves your health.
Stress most often occurs when we are thinking about the past or thinking about the future. Water has this ability to keep us in the present moment.
This one-hour yin style yoga practice will help your the body and mind relax with easy movements and stretches. With its combination of nature, water, and yoga, SUP Yoga Calm is the perfect combination to breathe in the present moment and unwind from the week.
To ensure appropriate social distancing, preregistration is required and class sizes are limited.
- SUP board, paddle, leash and PFD (personal floatation device)
- Short paddle lesson
- Yoga practice with deep stretching
- Yoga practice with guided meditation
LOCATION FOR THIS COURSE
This tour meets at the 41 North Yak Shack, located in the Cleveland Metroparks Rocky River Reservation in Lakewood, Ohio. Click the link or use the map below for directions to the Shack.
UPCOMING COURSE DATES
PRIOR COURSES: None. Just a willingness to get challenge yourself and get wet!
AGE LIMITS: 14 and over only, please. Participants under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Participants over 16 but under 18 must have a waiver signed by a legal guardian.
HEIGHT & WEIGHT LIMITS: In order to ensure your comfort and safety, participants should be between 5' and 6'4" tall and 95 lbs to 235 lbs.
NON-DISCRIMINATORY ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
In order to participate in this program, each participant must satisfy the following essential eligibility criteria:
- Be able to independently participate in all individual skills and activities while also maintaining an appropriate and safe body position.
- Be able to hold their breath while under water and, while in the water wearing a properly fitted lifejacket, be able to independently turn from a face down to a face up position keeping their head above water.
- Be able to effectively communicate with the instructor and other program participants.
- Be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
- Be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a companion.