SEE ANOTHER SIDE OF SOUTH BASS ISLAND
HOW FAR You'll PADDLE:
About 7 nautical miles.
WHAT YOU'LL SEE:
CONDITIONS TO EXPECT:
This paddle takes place entirely within Sandusky Bay. Wind and boat traffic can kick up a chop, but rarely more than 1ft.
6 hours (approximately 4 hrs of paddling)
Single or tandem sea kayak and equipment (paddle, life-jacket, whistle, spray skirt, and white safety light).
GUIDE TO PARTICIPANT RATIO
SKILL LEVEL: No experience necessary. This tour is appropriate for beginners who are comfortable on the water and accustomed to moderate exercise.
AGE LIMITS: 14 and over only, please. Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Participants ages 12 and over may participate as the front paddler in a tandem with an adult.
HEIGHT & WEIGHT LIMITS: In order to ensure your comfort and safety, participants should be between 5' and 6'4" tall and 95 lbs to 235 lbs.
NON-DISCRIMINATORY ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
In order to participate in this program, each participant must satisfy the following essential eligibility criteria:
- Be able to independently participate in all individual skills and activities while also maintaining an appropriate and safe body position.
- Be able to hold their breath while under water and, while in the water wearing a properly fitted lifejacket, be able to independently turn from a face down to a face up position keeping their head above water.
- Be able to effectively communicate with the instructor and other program participants.
- Be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
- Be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a companion.